There are two types of membership available. Membership is open to both ATIS members and non-members. Members shall support the mission and goals of the Next G Alliance.
- Full Member status is available to companies who: (1) directly provide products, services (excluding patent-licensing services), software or applications for use in U.S. commercial, private or government networks; or (2) operate communications networks and/or provide multimedia and/or cloud services in the North American market. Given one of the key goals is to influence U.S. policies related to Next G technologies, organizations cannot join as Full Members if they have been barred from federal contracts by agencies within the U.S. government.
- Contributing Member status is available to organizations who: (1) provide products, services, software or applications for use in U.S. commercial, private or government networks; or (2) operate communications networks and/or provide multimedia and/or cloud services in the North American market; or (3) academic institutions, research and development services and laboratories located in North America, or affiliated with North American academic or research activities.
Note: Organizations included on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Entity List that are subject to export, re-export and/or transfer licensing requirements are not eligible to participate in the Next G Alliance.
Full Members shall be represented by senior business executives and are tasked with establishing the Alliance’s strategy and direction. Full Membership includes the opportunity to appoint a representative to the Steering Group and participate in Working Groups. The Steering Group shall be composed of technology leaders and experts who can direct R&D, standards and commercialization priorities. It is anticipated that Working Groups will be identified in early 2021. The 2021 Full Membership fee is $20,000.
Contributing Members are eligible to participate in the Working Groups. Contributing Members are experts with deep knowledge of applied research topics, future development, standardization and market needs. 2021 Contributing Membership fees are based on an organization’s revenues:
- Annual revenues of $50M or more – $10,000
- Annual revenues of more than $10M but less than $50M – $7500
- Annual revenues of less than $10M – $5000
- Academic institutions – $2500
To begin the conversation about how your organization can participate in the Next G Alliance as a member, please submit the interest form below.