There are three types of membership available. Membership is open to both ATIS members and non-members. Members shall support the mission and goals of the Next G Alliance.
- Founding Member status is available to companies who: (1) provide products, services, software or applications for use in U.S. commercial, private or government networks; or (2) operate communications networks and/or provide multimedia and/or cloud services in the North American market. Given one of the key goals is to influence U.S. policies related to Next G technologies, organizations cannot join as Founding Members if they have been barred from federal contracts by agencies within the U.S. government.
- Contributing Member status is available to organizations who: (1) provide products, services, software or applications for use in U.S. commercial, private or government networks; or (2) operate communications networks and/or provide multimedia and/or cloud services in the North American market.
- Invited Partners are organizations such as industry associations, research consortia or academia that are invited to contribute to one or more work programs and that support the mission of the Next G Alliance.
Note: Organizations included on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Entity List that are subject to export, re-export and/or transfer licensing requirements are not eligible to participate in the Next G Alliance.
Founding Members shall be represented by senior business executives and are tasked with establishing the Alliance’s strategy and direction. Founding Membership includes the opportunity to appoint a representative to the Steering Group and participate in Working Groups. The Steering Group shall be composed of technology leaders and experts who can direct R&D, standards and commercialization priorities. It is anticipated that Working Groups will be identified in early 2021. The 2021 Founding Membership fee is $20,000.
Contributing Members are eligible to participate in the Working Groups. Contributing Members are experts with deep knowledge of applied research topics, future development, standardization and market needs. 2021 Contributing Membership fees are based on an organization’s revenues:
- Annual revenues of $50M or more – $10,000
- Annual revenues of more than $10M but less than $50M – $7500
- Annual revenues of less than $10M – $5000
Other regions of the globe have announced and are implementing ambitious plans to launch 6G research and development initiatives. It is critical that North American industry steps forward now to create the roadmap to the next decade of strong global mobile technology leadership. Ultimately, this initiative will be used to influence U.S. government funding priorities and actions that will incentivize the technology industry, laying the foundation for a vibrant marketplace for North American products and services globally.
Other organizations, including Academic Research Consortia, Academia and Industry Associations, who share common goals with the Next G Alliance and are deemed have valuable input that is relevant to the success of this initiative may be invited to join as an Invited Partner.
Companies which are interested in joining the Next G Alliance may complete the membership interest form. Questions about participation may be directed to ATIS Membership Director Rich Moran at email@example.com.